Firearms Free-for-all

LEADQUARTERS Forums Talking Lead Forums Firearms Free-for-all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TALKING LEAD
    Keymaster

If its about anything guns it goes here!

Jerome

Here is a cool website for CCW info. Click and compare your state and others to see which state has CCW’s and which state supports your states CCW.
    http://handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

Jerome

All I’m going to say is …WOW!!

Jerome

^ the link is missing

Jerome
    Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

I feel like ranting…

Almost nobody pisses me off more, with the exception of POTUS, then Piers Morgan. HE continually states,

No one has given me a coherent argument as to why would citizens need an AR-15 or other assault rifles.

G** d*mn it Piers, just the f**k up and listen. There have been plenty of coherent reasons given, you’re just too d**n busy interrupting people as they are talking to hear it…that and you just d*mn well don’t want to hear it. I wished I could go on Piers Morgan Live and debate him on the issue.
    1: What you call an assault rifle, AR15, is NOT by definition an assault rifle…it is NOT a automatic or select fire weapon and therefore doesn’t qualify as an assault rifle.
    2: The 2nd Amendment gives me the right to own a semi auto rifle, i.e. AR15; or even a select fire weapon, i.e. M16. It empowers me to defend this country from all threats foreign and domestic. And to stop tyranny from criminals or Government alike.

Piers has also stated many times,

If it came down to it, how do you expect to stand up against the US Armed forced? They have Machine guns, tanks, bombs, nukes?

To that I say:
    That’s why I need my semi auto guns and my select fire guns. TO defend. I mean, just because we’re out numbered and overpowered doesn’t mean we should just lay down and be walked all over. Just because the odds are against us means, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t fight for our rights, beliefs and country.
    NOT, that I think our troops would stand against the American people (although it HAS happened http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings). But, think of it this way. EVERY revolution in history has been a weaker force standing up to an overbearing stronger force. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. The American Revolutionary war for example was a handful of farmers, tradesmen, laborers banding together to stand up against, the then, largest strongest army in the world. And they won. They then wrote the Constitution and Bill of Rights, to make sure, the people didn’t have to worry about an overbearing Government again.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by Lead Head Jerome. Reason: Spelling. Cursing
    Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

Here is a Newbie gun question. My Dad’s favorite gun when he was a hunter was a Springfield .30-06. His was a simple bolt action rifle.
    I know that the round is a powerful round. Do they make a .30-06 ‘assault’ semi auto rifle? In an AR style maybe?

jhyers
    Participant

I’ve never heard of a semi auto AR style 30-06 that would be something to see but there is the legendary M1 Garand semi auto chambered for 30-06 the rifle Americans iconically took WW11 by storm with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.