GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

What is the best “knock down” ammo for a 9mm? Plus p, plus p plus or something else?

Chris d.

I have had my ccw in Florida now for two years and have not taken a class yet. I plan to as soon as my wife and I graduate school. The question that I have is this; you’re in the grocery store and hear shots being fired so you get your family in a safe spot and you yourself try to help other people and/or take down the shooter, but how do you not get shot by another ccw person. Is there a wave like the motorcycle guys? No but, really how can you show yourself as a good guy?

Kerry

Good day!

I listened to the collaboration podcast the other day and found the Goodguy of the week very informative. I have had several near “misses” in the stall. So now I will be doing the between the ankles idea. That being said, I came across this artical and thought you may find it interesting.
    http://ripley8.newsvine.com/_news/2013/11/06/21336275-epidemic-of-loaded-guns-lost-and-found-in-public-places-sweeps-us

Thanks for the great work!

Kerry

I realize I misspelled article…

Jim Bolyard

How much faster on target would be a set of XS Big Dot sights be over stock(plain Jane) sights? Would it be life and death faster?
    Thanks
    Jim

Christian Wilson

Just started listening to the show and watching your videos, great stuff. I was wondering if you could help me answer a question.

I have recently been collecting a lot of dry fire excercises and performing them in my basement, no ammunition on that floor at all. I can perform the excercises well with my Sig’s due to the DA/SA action. I am having a problem with my glocks, however, and my Khar. The Glock trigger locks back with each pull, requiring me to rack the slide each time. This gives me only a single shot, and some of the excercises are designed to draw and take multiple shots within a set amount of time. Is there any way around this, short of installing some special trigger? Thanks.

Larry Balsley

My question is, how many rounds/mags are considered adequate when carrying ?
    One of my LEO friends used to say “Can you ever have enough ammo?”

MarinerMike

I have the same question.

MarinerMike

In a home defense scenario. In addition to a semi-auto pistol, what is the next recommended level of defense? Pump shotgun or AR? Fucntionally which one is more advantageous? Should one go with bigger bang per shot with the shotgun or high magazine capacity with the AR?

Dan Michlig

If liberals claim to want everyone to be free, why do they want to restrict our rights and make everyone equal ?

justgene

I’m jumping in here on home defense, so this is just my opinion. But I believe that a pump shotgun with a round chambered is best for home defense. I know that many don’t want to keep a round chambered, but this is my opinion. I do not like to have a light mounted on my weapons because what I think is an intruder may be one of my kids. I do have lasers on all my weapons in case I can not get a good sight picture. Your shotgun does NOT have to be a 12 guage to get the job done, but it is my favorite.

MarinerMike

.40 cal or 9mm? That is the question. I listened to SOTG 27 on the Patriot Arsenal. Why did you choose a 9mm pistol over other calibers? I have only shot 9mm once, so I am not very familiar with it. Currently I have a .40 cal pistol but plan on selling it and getting a new pistol. I’m trying to decide which caliber.

Jerry Black

I have listened to nearly all of your episodes. Hearing about the pocket survival kit, I will be getting some. My question is, basic 1st aid (Red Cross) training is a must, that I have. Where can I find a quality “next step” training program, something that will equip me (and my family) to adequately handle a situation where this pack would be vital?

Jim Bryant

Will the new .410 buckshot loads made for the “Judge”, etc. harm my full choked Stevens .410 pump I got for Christmas in 1969? I have other shotguns for defense, but like to have defensive rounds for all of my firearms.

Jim Southern

Hello Paul,
    I’m looking for a good retention holster and wondering if you can reflect on a few? The reason being is because of the new game these kids are playing called “The Knock Out Game” and “Polar Bear Hunting. I always try to stay aware of my surroundings but the way these kids play, it is so fast and on the blind side of their stalked victim. Being a senior citizen I feel that I’m a easy target to begin with. If it so happens that I am the “Chosen One” I would like to have a holster that the kids would not so easily grab my gun. If you have some time. Can you give some pointers on how not to be a victim in the first place?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.