AR Builds

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lefthand

Who has built their own AR before? Who wants to build their own AR? What caliber did/would you build? What parts did/would you use and why? (i.e. “I used a 20in 1/10 twist, chromed lined barrel because I’m going to use it for long range jackrabbit eradication”)

Jerome

I’ve not built an AR. BUT I want to. I wanna .223, but I’m not familiar with the AR enough to know what kind of build or parts.

Goombah

Just picked up a Palmetto state armory stripped lower. Not sure what I’m gonna build, I’m going back and forth between doing an SBR or a Middy.

Just found you guys. Drop me a line if your ever in the Chattanooga area.

Goombah

Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

Ok @Lefthand. Where are you on the progress of this build. Give us some pictures.

LeftHand

Well, I have most of the parts. I’m being a bit to picky on the barrel…any suggestions?

John

I’ve put together a couple of rifles with different goals for the builds budget, hunting, tacticool. I’ve found the barrel is one the places I’ve found that you should put in some extra money. If your gonna do more than hunt zombies and unicorns spend the money!

Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

OH, and you can’t forget the M&M or Skittles dispenser.

1911Alan

@Lefthand For 5.56 take a look at Palmetto State Armory. Their PSA barrels are made by FN and are cold hammered steel with chrome lining and 1/7 twist. They also sell other manufacturers. For 300 Blackout they have some as well.

Lefthand

Cool, Thanks for the tips. I’m doing a 300 blackout build this time.

I’ve heard from several people that PSA is a good source. Has anyone used Head Down products before? http://www.hdrifles.co/warehouse/

Any others?

LH

Ramon “Oso”
    Participant

My first AR
    Adams Arms upper Carbine length gas
    Stag Lower with STAG LPK
    16″ 1/7 multi cal. heavy barrel
    Samson 7″ Evo with Samson 4″ extension
    Leopold AR 3-9×40
    FastFire II on DD off-set rail
    Harris bipod
    Troy HK front/back flip-up sights
    Magpul furniture
    Born in the 70’s I grew up loving the AR design. I finally was able to get my AR so I had it put together from what I always pictured in my mind. No experience in actual AR shooting. It started with all the above but instead of the Samson handguard it had a DD Omega X rail carbine. Primarily used/practiced indoor range. Finally realized with the first outdoor outing that I needed to change things. Samson was the first thing I changed. It’s an AR I can change it whenever.

My second AR is a 7.62×39
    My Wife’s AR is Multi Mforgery

I have a AP Ghost Lower that I will be building as a Mforgery SBR with all intentions that when I move to free America it will have a Suppressor from SilenceCo.

Out
    Ramon “Oso”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.