GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Armatus Civis
    Participant

Hey Prof. Paul,
    How can one tame the “Attention Vampire” and use it while still maintaining situational awareness? Is it even possible? When and how should we use our mobile devices?

semperlisto
    Participant

I have a question: I know most situations don’t rise to the level of deadly force, but that leaves us with nothing in too many cases, for instance, somebody snatches a tablet and runs – not a deadly force sitch, but SOMETHING should be done. Here’s the question: are rubber bullets a viable tool for civilians? I tried to find some for purchase on the Internet, but it didn’t look like there is a practical concealable rubber bullet gun available. Should this be an area for development?

The22Man
    Participant

I have heard ( I thought on SOTG Radio) that there are extensions for the Sig SB15 and the Century Arms SB-47 stabilizing braces. Since I have been blessed with long arms I think that one would help.
    Were do I find these at, a search at Brownells turned up nothing and nothing via “DuckDuckGo” that resulted in a “click here to buy”.
    BTW, you guys rock! Almost as much as Madison Rising.

pd2sav
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Your Twitter pics of you Duracoat Saturday project has me wanting to build an AR10. I have seen several vendors offering these 80% lowers and Jig Kits that claim you don’t need an FFL to mill out the Trigger and Hammer pocket? Have you tried any of these projects and if not do you know the legality behind these products?

Thanks

Matt D.

cocoa
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve been shooting for a little less than a year now and finally got my CCW! Yay!

I recently got a hold of a belly band (I’m a girl) and have started carrying at work. (prior to this I had my LCP in a galco clip holster inside my bag.) Today, I had a thought- if I am shot at before I can draw my weapon and they hit my gun, will I still be able to take a shot with it? My setup right now has my weapon resting in front of my diaphragm/upper abdomen, which would be a good spot for a bullet. I imagine the impact would break a few ribs and knock the air out of me, but if I’m lucky I won’t be entirely incapacitated that I wouldn’t be able to wield a gun..?

I am an EMT and work as a dispatcher for a private ambulance company in a not-so-good area of town (Columbus OH), and some days I’m alone in the building. Just this past weekend we had a break-in in our parking lot, the fourth one this year. Most days, though, it’s just me daydreaming about the zombie apocalypse.

WUA
    Participant

Enjoyed the recent Patriot Videos 1 and 2, looking forward to more. I am also enjoying the Bonus Hour/Grad Hour. Haven’t received the Tactical Hour newsletter as yet, but maybe the send date is later.

If any Forum readers can tell me how they got their avatar to show up, I’d appreciate it. Would like to tuck mine in too, but so far the road to do that has been convoluted. Have tried on “edit my profile” but there doesn’t seem to be an option.

Loved the Merry Christmas card too, lol! Same to you & your family and all the fans.

jaredmclear
    Participant

What are some viable force options for kids? I have 3 daughters and the oldest is in 5th grade. Soon she will be asking more and more to go to the mall, school events, ect…with her friends. What type of EDC pack do you recommend kids to carry and learn to use?

BigAl
    Participant

I understand that you want to carry high quality jacketed hollow point ammunition in your carry gun such as Speer Gold Dot, but can explain what the key differences are between the bullet grain weights (e.g. 115, 124, and 147) as it pertains to personal defense and the factors that might lead you selecting one over the other?

BigAl
    Raleigh, NC

4loh4_sn4ckb4r
    Participant

Hello Professor Paul
    A couple of months ago my friends and I decided to go to Walmart and purchase a couple of toy dart guns so we could mess around, after we purchased them we immediately took them out of the packaging and left the Walmart parking lot. We made our way to my house and then we noticed a police car following us so we decided to go home. When we stopped the officer stopped behind us and got out to talk to us. While he was talking to us another officer pulled up and they proceeded to tell us that criminals had been painting real guns to look like toy ones and that they received a call that there were three teenagers who were wielding toy guns in a menacing manner and that the truck we were in matched the description of what the caller had given. They started to question us further asking if any of us were drinking or on drugs and when they were done we went inside my house and they waited there for about 20 minutes before finally leaving. I live in Texas and I was wondering your opinion on this matter. Would it be considered vagination, slave state or both. Thank you

Dov_Israel
    Participant

If, God forbid, I ever needed to use my firearms in my home in defense of myself or my family, it would be very likely that I would be firing up or down a stairway due to the layout of the house. I have not yet had the opportunity to shoot in a realistic shoot house, and all the ranges near me are flat. What, if anything, changes when shooting up or down an incline?

fandangoforever
    Participant

Ok SOTG, here are a few question regarding dry fire practice: What is your opinion on snap-caps? Are they recommended for dry firing in all firearms? Any recommendations on brand?

Armatus Civis
    Participant

Professor Paul,

When carrying, is there ever a time/place when/where it’s safe to look at or use a mobile device (i.e. smart phone, notebook, tablet)? What are the precautions one should take to reduce the loss of situational awareness?

Shalkith
    Participant

I live in Arizona so this wont exactly apply to me but I’ve still been wondering this for a while.

For those who live in Slavestates like California.
    We know its still next to impossible to get a carry permit but they’re still allowed to carry their guns on them at home (for now)

Is it lawful for a business in the state of California to allow its employees to carry on their person while at work in a private office or building (as long as they don’t leave). Does that change if the building is also open to the public (Restaurant, Gas station ect)

Thanks!

StrykerJoe
    Participant

Where do you see the worlds eye of ” Gun protection ” going ?

RPG0340
    Participant

What are your thoughts on carrying a “tactical folding knife?” What purpose does it serve? What type/brand/configuration works best?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.