GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    cocoa
    Participant

I have another question.

The place I work at has had a no-gun policy ever since an employee’s car got broken into and his gun stolen (from a car holster visible to passerby…what an idiot). I have brought up getting this policy overturned with co-workers and the only responses I can get vary from “just lock the door” to, “just let them shoot the place up.” So I carried anyway and told no one. Do you guys have any tips or know of any resources I can turn to for help in order to convince the owner that such a policy is unnecessary? How about in the case of larger companies with a blanket, corporate no-weapons policy?

mhejny
    Participant

Just wow, more of what you are making me aware of.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/man-shopping-for-coffee-creamer-at-walmart-attacked-by-vigilante-for/2214432

Now for the question.

I have heard serious rumors of the new Governor of Texas willing to sign into law open carry. Even some news reports about it from a few months ago reported that legislation had been drafted. Of course it has been submitted to out prior Texas Governor Perry and was either stopped with him or someplace in the legislation. I would rather it be more of a constitutional carry and maybe that’s how it is written but then again I think this kind of law gives more freedom to those that concealed carry and would encourage them to keep going concealed, its more options. I think in the last year or two Texas did amend the concealed carry law some so incidental exposure would not be a problem. This would totally fix that.
    I do not mean to say that people should not or that I would not open carry.
    I like that it would mean going closer to having only the one “law” about firearms, the second amendment.
    Should there still be permits for concealed carry if open carry passes?
    What would the affect of this be on Texas, surrounding states, and the national perspective of it politically? For Texas it may mean nothing more than a few more people carrying and some more holsters purchased or different guns purchased. There would liekely not be any wild west action in the streets like some “gun crime activists” propose.
    How likely is this to actually pass given the climate in Texas?

Your Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mo

BenW
    Participant

When should a student of the gun consider purchasing body armor for home defense and general preparedness? Is armor something which should only be considered for purchase after one has taken a lot of training and stocked 6 months of food and medical supplies at home? Now that the liberal puke-faces are trying to ban armor for civilian use, I’m trying to understand where armor falls in the preparedness priority list.
    If it matters, I’m referring to Class III and IIIA armor, and not worried about concealable carriers.

bcoopr
    Participant

I was told to come on here off Facebook and post my question from the comments, so here it goes.

What are the best concealed carry options for use while jogging/running?

Thanks

WUA
    Participant

Here is a dad trying to stop his kid from becoming a future bad “guy.” See what you think. Not enough of it these days imo. Parenting isn’t always about being best buds.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/248362-video-father-forces-daughter-apologize-pay-stolen-goods/

Question:

What do you guys think of video simulation firearm training as another tool. The re-enactment discussion with Paul’s long time buddy Sonny was very interesting.
    I found that even though I knew I wasn’t going to be dead at the end of my video set up, my adrenaline got pumping.

WUA
    Participant

Hope this shows up for bcoopr where I hit reply……SOTG has encouraged discussion amongst ourselves on the Forum so I’m pitching in on this question in case you would be interested.

There are a number of youtube’s on this subject that I’ve seen. One that I have found to be comfortable is UnderTech Undercover. I have the shorts but there are number of other options.
    I would not describe these as the type of quality/ sturdy all day wear that SOTG recommends, but for lightweight, little attire on, type of exercise (running or walking) garment use, they might be an option to explore. And you can wash them too after a sweaty workout.

undertechundercover.com

motoman202
    Participant

What do you recommend for night stand gun storage when you have small children in the house? I currently put an unchambered firearm between my bed frame and mattress. I feel this is safe as both of my children are small enough that they lack the physical ability to operate the slide. I have been considering purchasing the Hornady Rapid Safe and using the wrist bracelet at night. What are you thoughts and what would you recommend foe safe practice. Thanks and I love the show and all you guys do.

Jeremy in GA

dfsalyers
    Participant

Is it a good idea to have multiple primary Carry guns. I want to be as prepared as possible, and with limited funds for ammo,weapons,and gear is it wiser to keep my primary carry rotation limited. Also should they be similar style weapons in terms of actions,safety/non-saftey.

Thanks guys,
    Daniel S.

crshokie
    Participant

I’m starting to get back in shape and have started running. The problem is carrying my firearm while running. My normal CCW holster tends to bounce and move around while wearing athletic gear. Besides a bellyband, do you have any recommendations on gear that could be used to carry a compact or full size pistol securely while running?

Thanks,
    Chuck in GA

crshokie
    Participant

BTW…. Song for good guy of the week… Beautiful People, Marilyn Mansin

cool breeze
    Participant

Does castle doctrine alter the ability oportunity intent when it comes to a deadly force home defense situation

Danny Crawford
    Participant

You get told that you shouldn’t change anything on your ccw GUNS triggers.
    So how do you feel about house gun like a AR15?

bcoopr
    Participant

I work at a facility that does not allow gun to be carried at work. It is not easy to just up and find a job, so what are other options for situations such as these?

jcsmith819
    Participant

When it comes to gun safes for my carbines and pistols, I am at a crossroads here. Here is my question: Electronic opening lock or mechanical/spin dial lock?

I have been flooded with reasons to use each. The people who favor mechanical/spin dials all wave the EMP flag saying an electronic lock will not work due to the EMP disabling all electronics.

The people who favor electronic opening locks always point to the ease and speed of opening your safe in the event of an emergency.

Do you have or had both kinds? What is your recommendation?

PJ Chief
    Participant

I fly civilian search & rescue in southern LA and am in the market for a small .410 pistol for personal protection against snakes & gators. However, I will also being pulling summer rotation in Barrow, AK and need protection from bears. What is your opinion of the Taurus Judge versus the Smith & Wesson Governor? And, is the .454 Casull round significantly more advantageous than the .45 Long?

Thanks guys! Love the show.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.