GUNS! in Movies and TV

LEADQUARTERS Forums Talking Lead Forums GUNS! in Movies and TV

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

Ok. We always hear about horrible examples of ‘gun play’ in movies and TV shows. But very rarely do we see good examples of gun use in media. So lets talk about it. What Movies and TV Shows do you watch and enjoy that show Guns in a good light.

Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

One of my favorites, is new to me. I love the author Robert B Parker, but all I’d ever known was his Western novels. When I came across a book of his with the same name of a movie, I had to check out the movie.

Jesse Stone: Night Passage (2006) Based on R. B. Parker’s first Jesse Stone book of the same name. Starring Tom Selleck, this film is about a Cop who is fired and moves cross country to take another job.

Selleck, being a member of the NRA, really makes sure this movie sticks to the rules of the gun game. He pulls his gun many times, and Never puts his finger on the triger until he has to pull it. Even pointing out, in the movie, to another officer to not just stand there and pull the trigger, but to movie; a technique I first heard from Rob Pincus.

I gave the movie a 7 out of 10
    I gave the good gun exposure a 10 out of 10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498360/?ref_=nv_sr_5

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by Lead Head Jerome. Reason: Link not showing up
    Ward
    Participant

I have to agree with you. I have watched all of the Jesse Stone movies and that is one thing that is always there. You also hear Tom Selleck making the quote “in a fight, front sight”, while training with the charactor of “suitcase”. It was very refreshing to see.
    I have also noticed in the T.V. show N.C.I.S. that when to Sig’s are drawn the fingers stay off the trigger until the guns are fired.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.