Inaccurate with a certain pistol?

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun Inaccurate with a certain pistol?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    t_haveman
    Participant

Is it possible for someone to have terrible accuracy with a certain gun or type of gun and have good accuracy with another? When I got my concealed carry permit, I purchased a Springfield Armory XDs 9mm with a 3″ barrel. The reason I got the single stack was because I thought that it would conceal better than the double stack version. After having my fun with it (putting a couple of boxes of ammo through it), I started trying to work on my accuracy. I could hardly put 5 out of 10 rounds on the paper from 20 feet away. I wasn’t consistently off of the target in any one way. I was all over the place. A friend of mine let me shoot his Glock 19 and I had groups not much bigger than my fist. I also shot a friend’s XD compact chambered in .40 S&W with the extended magazine and did exceptionally better than with my XDs (which I found odd because .40 S&W tends to be a more difficult caliber to shoot and the XD compact has a 3″ barrel). I guess what my main question would be is, could the circumference of the grip play that big of a roll in accuracy? My hands are not huge but they are not tiny either. I should also add that I know for a fact that it is not the gun it’s self because my wife shoots it perfectly.

The22Man
    Participant

Yes, I suck with the Beretta 92 and 96 series, could not hit the side of a barn. With the Sig 225 and Glock 22/23/19/17/26 I rock!
    The Beretta’s have a larger circumference, while the 225 is s single stack but still fairly wide Sig and the Glocks just fit.
    My wife and 3 children all have smaller hands and the Gen 1, 2 and 3 Glocks are too big. The Gen 4 barely fit so the ladies all have the Walther PQ380. The boy is a rifleman.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.