TAS J Sights Initial Impression

LEADQUARTERS Forums Talking Lead Forums TAS J Sights Initial Impression

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lefthand

Our buddy Zack with Lonewolf Distributors sent me one of their newest products to test out, the T.A.S (Tactical Aiming Solutions) “J” sight (green) for Glocks. The package is simple, it comes with the sight and an installation tool. Installation is very easy. Just gently tap out your rear sight, I used the tool that comes with the “J” sight and a small rubber hammer. Next loosen the screws on the “J” sight, slide them in the rear sight slot, align the “J” sight with the front sight at the 6 o’clock position and tighten the screws. I suppose you could use Loctight if you want but I haven’t seen the need yet. By the way I installed the “J” sight on a Gen 3 Glock 22.

Here are the instructions from T.A.S:
    “The shooters have to align the fiber optic Dot with the top of the front sight, on one direct line to the target. The aiming point will be at 6 o’clock.

The “one direct line” system makes it easy to keep both eyes open even at distance targets.

The “one direct line” system with 2 mm dot makes it easier and faster to use for shooters who wear corrective lenses or glasses”.

So, after reading that and still not really understanding if I’m supposed to cover the front sight with the rear or have the front on top of the rear, I just started shooting the silhouette target. First I tried covering the front with the rear. After a few shots I realized that was not working for me, I was shooting low. Next I tried putting the front sight on top of the rear, this worked much better for me however I was coming in a little high, so I pulled a “Goldilocks” and found the sweet spot with the white front sight just peaking over the green rear sight. (I’ve posted pictures of the target on our Facebook page) https://www.facebook.com/talkinglead.

Now comes the fun, after dialing it in, it’s time for my favorite target, yep you guessed it…”Battleship”…My Glock 22 VS a Glock 17…Alternating shots, I let my opponent go first. My first three or four shots were not so good but after I got back the feel of the “J” sight I was pretty much on target, for me anyway, and I managed to pull out a win. (pictures of the target can be seen on our Facebook page) https://www.facebook.com/talkinglead

Finally I wanted to see how the “J” sight handled on quick and rapid target acquisitions. Using the silhouette target I did several “draw from the bench” shots, i.e laying the gun down in front of me, grabbing it, bringing it up to target and quickly acquiring sight on target and shooting. Next I tried rapid fire drills first doing double taps, then triple, then unloading. I was very happy with the results, based on my experience with the old “football goal” sights, I felt that I was quite a bit more accurate with the “J” sight.

As the title states it, this is my “initial” impression of the T.A.S “J” sight…I’m not making an official “Oh, hell yeah! these are the bomb!” statement just yet. I need to take it to the range a few more times but initially, yes I’m liking them so far.

-LeftHand
    Talking Lead

Nunnion
    Participant

That just seems weird to me. The front sight is supposed to be the focus, yet this seems to overwhelm it with the rear sight. Seems counterintuitive.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.