'Slave State' Residents

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun 'Slave State' Residents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leiana Rae Camp

I have some questions about CA state gun laws.. Anyone knowledgable about the topic or can direct me to someone who is? I’ve browsed the CA penal codes though can’t seem to find what I’m looking for 🙁

First question–is it legal for me to be in possession of a firearm that is registered to my husband when he’s not around..? Ex: if I was to go out to the desert for practice with a friend (a qualified weapons instructor for the USMC) and husband isn’t going to be there..

Second question–I’ve been told that when transporting a firearm (from home to range or desert) the case should be in the trunk of the car, but I drive a truck.. I don’t feel comfortable putting it in the bed of the truck. Is the best thing just to get a lock for the case and keep it in the cab?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Safety first ladies and gents!

Leiana Rae (still a beginner, but dedicated to being a student for life!)

Ps. I’d prefer not to be a slave state resident but circumstances are such that my profession does not exist anywhere in the US outside of San Diego, but believe me, I’m working on changing that!

Arturo Ceron

If you really want to become familiar with the maze of CA gun laws, then I recommend that you get the book “California Gun Laws – A Guide to State and Federal Firearm Regulations” by C. D. Michel.

By the way, it’s always been my understanding that in CA a firearm must be unloaded and locked up … weather that be in a fully enclosed trunk, truck bed tool box, or gun case.

kln5
    Participant

#1 yes california is a community property state. i take my wifes handgun all the time.
    #2 put the gun inside a locked container. you can use the cable lock that came with the gun. just wrap it around the handle of the case.

tired of the slave state rules too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.