Training

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TALKING LEAD
    Keymaster
    Lefthand

I need some more…

Lead Head Jerome
    Participant

Me too…

Kerry

If anyone in Northern Michigan is looking for a place to train. Look into Great Guns Traverse City. The have training for pistol, rifle, & shotgun.

SWMcAllister
    Participant

I just watched Paul Markel’s training DVD titled “Armed Living: Concealed Carry in an Uncertain World”. It was a solid refresher of the basics, and he delivered an outstanding presentation regarding the justifiable use of force. In addition, he covered issues we need to address long before the trigger is pulled and steps that should be taken immediately after. I recommend it to anyone who owns a firearm for personal defense.

Do any of you know of good programs in Northern Virginia that go in-depth regarding the use of force? I know numerous firearms instructors in the area, but none with the LE and legal background required to cover this topic appropriately.

SWMcAllister: Thanks for the review! Can I take your quote and use it as a testimonial? Send me an email. jarrad@studentofthegun.com

As for training up in that region, try TDI Ohio which is in Southern Ohio. Also, Tactical Response is in Tennessee but it would definitely be worth the drive.

Thanks for being a Student of the Gun!

BigDogDad
    Participant

I did the 4 day defensive handgun class recently at FrontSight in Nevada. I was amazed and how much I didn’t know. Was an awesome experience and I will be going again. It’s also making me feel much more confident about carrying concealed (and of course lots of poking from Paul).

Mudcat
    Participant

Anyone ever taken Combat Focus Carbine? I have taken the Combat Focus Pistol class and thought it was interesting. I will be taking the class from Rob on Thursday. Really looking forward to it.

The22Man
    Participant

Just a heads up, NEXT Saturday May 24th is the monthly 3 Gun shoot at the American Defense Academy in the “Ozarks”.
    http://www.theamericandefenseacademy.com/
    You can shoot at 10 am or 1 pm. As usual, I plan on shooting the 1pm time frame.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.