GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Dov_Israel
    Participant

I always hear that a gunfight is a dynamic situation, where movement and decision making is of paramount importance. I do not have any facility near me where I can shoot and move with live firearms. How do you recommend someone train for the dynamic nature of a gunfight on a linear gun range?

war13usaf
    Participant

Is it truly more benefical to rack the slide after a tactical reload in a defensive siutation?

buzman78
    Participant

The past several shows have had comments about the fact that the NYPD as well as the northern Jersey cops have no obligation to protect the citizens nor have any responsibility regarding their actions especially when the citizens are affected. My question “what happened with “to Serve and Protect”?” This is still found on police vehicles elsewhere in this country including some vehicles in the slave state of California. I feel the steam coming out of my phone from Paul as I listen to your podcast when he discusses this. Burns me up also. Thanks for the show.

Helo
    Participant

In my area we have gun shops and ranges a plenty.CPL instructors seemingly everywhere and a very strong gun community. What we lack are advanced courses and training opportunities. My question is; how does one go about finding quality instruction when vetting companies and/or instructors is difficult due to location and other factors?

John R.
    Participant

Is anyone following up on the posts here anymore?

Wesley
    Participant

How would you compare the different types of shooting competitions in developing defensive firearms skills?

jwilson584
    Participant

I have a good guy question. What is your opinion of the utility of an RMR like sight for a home defense handgun, and even carry gun? Pros and cons of doing this, such as how it affects training (one handed reloads) etc. Thanks in advance.
    Justin

AChristianMarksman
    Participant

#Student of the Gun Question
    Hello
    I have enjoyed the last 3 months of your Podcast and have a question.
    What is wrong with using WD40 on my firearm?
    I have been told it is not good but no one has been able to tell me why.

I pray 2014 is better for you two then 2013!!

Mitch D’Amour
    A Christian Marksman.

Caleb A.
    Participant

What is the best technique to shooting when you are cross-dominant?

Stevo
    Participant

My question is regarding home defense in a low-light altercation. I keep a Surefire light with my Glock for specifically this situation (seperate, not mounted on the gun) and was curious about training for use of the light in these circumstances. I’ve always planned on utilizing one hand for the light, the other for the gun, with the flashlight held away from the body in case of shots being fired toward the light itself. The problems I’m having with this are as follows:

1. Am I taking away from accuracy too much by only utilizing one hand on the weapon in the name of a risk that may not be substantial (that risk being someone shooting toward the light)?
    2. If one deploys the light this way, is there a respected protocol for where to hold the light so as to minimize the chance of muzzle sweeping your own arm under stress and to be able to maneuver obstacles in your home?
    3. Are there any type of documented instances that you know of that would sway you one way or the other on manual flashlight deployment vs. weapon mounted?

Thanks! (Sorry for the really long question)

jlr784
    Participant

My question is I like to wear sleep pants when I am home. But they are not meant to hold any weight or a belt. I do want to carry my weapon on me all the time. Any suggestions on my dilemma

MFZuber3PD
    Participant

I reload my practice ammo on the light side. Do you believe this to be an advantage of disadvantage if your carry ammo is loaded at a higher pressure?

DallenJarrett
    Participant

So let’s say for instance, Me and my child (under 18) are out and about. Boom, out of nowhere, bad guy shows up. Something happens and now I’m incapacitated. My child grabs my firearm and then uses it to stop said bad guy. I know common sense dictates self defense, but what exactly does this fall under concerning the law? Also what are your recommendations for training on said topic?

cemorrell
    Participant

What is the best way to carry while driving? I normally carry a supertuck at 4:00, but it’s almost impossible to access in the car, especially while driving with a coat or jacket on.

james1078
    Participant

You were talking about OC (pepper spray) on the last radio show and it got me wondering, is there a typical shelf-life on OC spray? How often should it be replaced? Also any tips and tricks for training and preparing to use it?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.