GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Dwayne
    Participant

I know it is important to have a good attorney on speed dial is case of justifiable use of force. What are specific questions to ask an attorney or items to research to find a good attorney capable of representing me in a use of force case?

mjlmii
    Participant

In an active shooter situation like recently at the Maryland Mall, if I can draw and shoot without the shooter knowing I’m there (example, if I’m coming from behind), should I shout a command to “stop!” or drop the gun!” or shoot to stop the threat without alerting him to my presence?

Jim May

mjlmii
    Participant

In an active shooter situation like recently at the Maryland Mall, if I can draw and shoot without the shooter knowing I’m there (example, if I’m coming from behind), should I shout a command to “stop!” or drop the gun!” or shoot to stop the threat without alerting him to my presence?

Jim May

cemorrell
    Participant

Do you recommend any particular “functional fitness” or “combat fitness” programs?

Cole

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by cemorrell.
    jaredmclear
    Participant

I have had my CCW for about a year and, on occasion, I come across a business with a no gun sign. What type of legal issues would I run into if I am caught carrying inside the business? I have heard it would be anything from simply asking me to leave to facing a possible arrest. I am not advocating that someone should break the law, but there are times where it’s not convenient to take my gun back to my car and, if I am carrying properly, no one should find out anyway.

Jared McLear
    Greenville, OH

Infidelisamericanis
    Participant

I am building my first AR-15, I am trying to build this one on a budget, but I have been advised to only use an aluminum lower. I have found the EP Armory 80% lowers in polymer. I just wanted to know what your feelings are about these type of lowers or if you have any advice for my next build.

sharpshooterphoto
    Participant

What would you recommend for a gun owner who has been consuming alcohol in their residence who is suddenly faced with a home invasion scenario? And if they successfully defend themselves and perforate the invader, what kind of legal backlash should they expect to face from the authorities, or from the next of kin of the invader?

Sergio Martinez
    San Diego, CA

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by sharpshooterphoto. Reason: add name
    chorrisberger
    Participant

Guys – question for you – Oath Keepers and other similar groups? What are your thoughts on them. They seem to be more geared toward Military/LE – but would you suggest the ‘average’ citizen consider one of these groups? Thanks

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by chorrisberger. Reason: typo
    sj
    Participant

Hey guys, I went to a basic carbine training class two months ago and learned a lot, I have now signed up for another one, my question is on battle belts, this last class I ran one ar mag in a kydex pouch with my wilderness carry rig setup and extra mag in the back pocket of my jeans, I wanted to get your take on a battle belt specifically those like High Speed Gear has for a citizen. I’d like a place to store more mags I know there is a lot of discussion on vests but I am leaning more toward the belt and looking for something more practical for a civilian who might keep it by a bedside to be thrown on quickly in the event of a bump in the night scenario. Maybe there are some pros and cons to both.

Thanks for the help

St

jhalbrooks
    Participant

Let me start by saying that I love the show! My wife and I both carry concealed here in Florida. The weapon my wife carries (M&P Shield 9mm) is substantially different than my preferred carry weapon (Sig 1911). Now my question;

What is the reason for the shift in thinking regarding external safeties on concealed weapons? I seem to hear over and over that the concealed weapon should not have an external safety of any sort. Is that your view as well?

Thanks and have a great day!

Kerry
    Participant

Good day fellas!

I am interested in Operation American Spring, May 16, 2014.

Do you think this type of uprising is a satisfactory means to help our cause? Or is this a negative aspect of the fight we need to keep fighting?

Thanks for everything guys!

mikel
    Participant

On a recent show you talked about people with small hands using a large gun. I have the opposite problem. I’m not a large guy but I have big hands. I have an M9 that fits just perfectly. I recently tried out a buddy’s Kimber solo and had a hard time with it. I could only get about 1.2 fingers on the grip, couldn’t bend my thumb far enough back to operate the slide lock or magazine release without taking my hand off the grip. My index finger goes past the end of the barrel. You get the idea. Is it possible for a lunk like me to learn to carry and shoot something that small, or should I resign myself big guns? Or should I sue my buddy for 35,000 pounds?

Mrcaprioni
    Participant

Hello Jarrad and Paul,

Just found out that I more then likely going to need surgery on my left shoulder ( support side). I carry everyday IWB at the 5 o’clock position. My question is

Are their different techniques or ways to clear garments to draw when you can only use one limb and the other is in a sling?

Thank You,

Matt

Caleb A.
    Participant

I hear a lot of pro gun people in podcasts, radio shows, and articles get their panties in a bunch over the use of improper gun terminology. I understand words have meanings, but is it really that important that someone calls it a magazine instead of a clip? I have heard both used interchangeably all my life. If all areas of life were so anal about nicknames, I would never be able to get proper treatments from the doctor because I call it a flu instead of influenza. Do pro gun people really need to be so nitpicky about proper gun terminology?

Caleb A,

Magazines and clips are two different things. They are not nicknames for one another. That would be like you getting mad at your doctor for informing you that you have herpes when it is really only the flu.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.