GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

LEADQUARTERS Forums Student Of The Gun GOODGUY of the Week (Win Free Stuff!)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

I have a Crossbreed super tuck for a XDM 3.8 40 S&W that I carry at the 5 o’clock passion. I was thinking of getting an appendix one from Crossbreed. What is the benefit of the appendix?
    Thanks,
    Gunlover

creadie71
    Participant

Paul,
    I have chosen a pair of boxer dogs to supplement my home security. They are protective without being too aggressive for company. They are not meant to be “protection dogs” per se, just protective companions. My question is, are there exercises and training I can do with them to ensure they don’t bug out at the first gunshot? Are there things I can teach them to keep them in the fight or remove them from it when the need arises?

Thank you,
    Carlton Eadie

cody_s119
    Participant

In the event that you are forced to defend yourself with a firearm and the attacker goes down and is incapacitated and no longer a threat is it a bad idea to apply any kind of first aid while waiting for the police to arrive? This of course is taking into consideration that yourself and any bystanders are not injured.
    Cody Scott

MylesK
    Participant

In a .380Auto (my sig p238) for defensive rounds what do you guys think of the G2 research RIP round?

And if used in a self defense situation is this a round that can be questionable in courts and get the lawful defender in trouble?

BigAl
    Participant

As far as a PLS kit goes, do you recommend including a pack of Quickclot or Celox? Are there “downsides” to using those chemical packs? Please enter me in for the good guy of the week. Thanks.

Ward
    Participant

Hey guys,
    Can you tell us the pros and cons of the different bullet grains for EDC? I carry a 1911 full size with 230 grain golden sabres from remington. I’ve never fire lighter grain ammo in .45acp and was hoping you could tell us the different charactoristics of the 200 grain and 185 grain ammo, and what do you recommend. Thanks for the show you guys rock!

Ward Mason

jimbovia
    Participant

To our benevolent dictator:

What diet should we be feeding our carry weapons?

As there are so many different brands of defensive ammunition available (some of which the results of testing have shown that they over penetrate and/or not expand enough in gelatin), without the firsthand knowledge of what specifically each round is capable of doing, where does one start while considering that trying every brand out there (while I am sure it would be fun) could be cost prohibitive for the masses?

Regards,
    Jim Bates
    Plainfield, IN

Ramon “Oso”
    Participant

Hello guys,

Which do you suggest for personal home clearing,
    airsoft firearms or,
    Personal firearms cleared / safe by 2 people – all ammo locked up or,
    SIRT pistols and SIRT AR BOLT (of course we will need to save up for this option)

Family of four
    Papa Oso = Ramon “Oso”
    Mother Bear = Shannon
    Brother Bear = Enriqueramon “Rico” (10 yrs old)
    Tiger Bear = Catarina “Tiger” (3 yrs old)

Thank you
    Ramon “Oso”

stinkydroolface
    Participant

What advice or tips do you have for some of your listners who conceal carry that arent slim and trim. That may carry that spare tire around the waist. Or maybe built like a football player. Especially in the summer, when we wear shorts and a maybe a polo shirt. My concern is printing. I myself are big framed but I’m mobile most of my business day. I wear dark shorts and shirt ( uniform) for work. I use a holster inside my waistband. I havent tried but was wondering if a undershirt like the 5.11 under the armpit pocket would work better. I use a glock 23. And have been experimenting with different sized pants/shorts. But depending on my movements, its hard not to print without going to a small gun which I cant afford right now. Winter isnt a problem so much. Its the heat of the summer and less clothing that is my concern. Thank you.

Ramon “Oso”
    Participant

Hello SOTG

Thank you for info from the last podcast. My family discuss scenarios ever so often and my children know about the mall stores having a back exit. But what we didn’t know was the panic button.

Very useful information which leads me to my question.

Our Mall has several Jewelry stores in different locations (not localized). If we are at one end of the mall and we hear an active shooter or see them at the other end of the mall, do you suggests going to the nearest Jewelry store and either ask them to activate it or do it yourself? When the panic button is activated at your location do you think the police will come to your location or focus on the active shooter at the other end of the mall?

Oso

Pablo
    Participant

I am in Louisiana and I like sport boating out on the Red River with my family. When going through the CCP class, we instructed that we are not legally carrying a weapon on waterways that were not enclosed (like a lake). I am a New Student of the Gun Listener. I tried finding any information on carrying on a river and cannot find anything. What do you suggest?

zeddings
    Participant

When looking for a pistol class for me and my wife how can I know that I’m paying for a good class? I’ve heard you mention a couple of people and classes on your show but what about other classes?

TexTopCat
    Participant

You might check you local range. NSSF and NRA does some rating of ranges and the classes offered. I know that the local range (ShootSmart, Ft Worth TX) has gone thru several different evaluations from NSSF has been classified as excellent by NSSF. The advantage of a local range is cost and the ability to fold it into your work schedule rather than taking a week go somewhere. A one or two class on the weekend may make more sense.

semperlisto
    Participant

Will carrying a SIRT training aid in an open holster help the Open Carry Texas movement? I intend to get LASR software and a webcam, laser plinking cans and either a laser bullet for my Sig or a SIRT. Maybe both (bullet and training pistol). This way I can practice at home very cheaply and frequently. Thanks guys.

D. Scott
    Participant

So getting old sucks!! I turned 50 this year and the abuse on my old body has caught up with me. I recently had to have reconstructive surgery on my dominant hand to repair a badly damaged Trapezium – the bone at the base of the thumb where thumb and wrist meet – leaving me unable to properly grip my CCW. I have been getting by trying to practice with my non-dominant hand and am looking for some drills to help me “hone in” one handed shooting with my non-dominant hand. And if you can offer any advice on getting the dominant hand back into shape as I am able to that’d be great too.

Big T

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 217 total)
  • The forum ‘Student Of The Gun’ is closed to new topics and replies.